Aggreko has developed an innovative solution for Frac Fluid Temperature Control using an inline immersion heat exchange system.
- In winter conditions, with an ambient air temperature of – 35˚ C, Aggreko was challenged to heat a 3,000 cubic meter above-ground pool and lift and maintain the temperature of water to be used in the hydraulic fracturing of rock.
- To lift and maintain the river-supplied water at a target temperature and within a time frame as laid out in the job specifications.
- Aggreko installed, operated and supported its Immersion Heat Exchanger technology.
- This diesel-fired system provided constant in-pool temperature control with no external circulation of the frac water. An in-pool circulation system promoted good temperature mixing through-out the entire 3,000 m3 of frac water.
- Water was heated from – 1˚ C to the customer’s specified target temperature, within the target time frame.
- Once the target temperature is reached, the system is designed to maintain that temperature for as long as is required.
- The system proved reliable, and delivered the temperature lift within the time frame specified by the client.
- The concern for getting off site heaters due to scheduling delays was eliminated, as the Aggreko system simply maintained a constant temperature until the water was pumped down-hole.
- The system ran on diesel fuel, but propane and natural gas were also options.
- Aggreko provided tech support 24/7 and operations support as required.
- The client found the system to be cost-effective in terms of rental rates, labour and fuel consumption.
FOR INFORMATION ON HOW TO MAKE YOUR SITE 100% FRAC FLUID READY,
CALL ICS and ask to speak to a Specialist in our Oil & Gas Division.